First of all, thank you for your service to our country.
***** The following is a guide for becoming a naturalized United States citizen for current or former military
1. You will need to meet the requirements as disclosed by the USCIS (United States Citizenship
Immigration Services). To read said requirements, click here. Then, you will need complete two USCIS Forms (Form
N-400 (Application for Naturalization) and Form N-426 (Request for Certification of Military or Naval Service)).
2. To download the instructions for Form N-400, click here.
3. To download Form N-400 (pdf format and can be completed on a computer), click here.
4. You will need to complete Form N-426. To read its instructions, click here.
5. To download Form N-426 (pdf format and can be completed on a computer), click here.
6. If you'd like to have the USCIS up-date you on your application's status via electronic means you can download
USCIS Form G-1145 (Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance), click here.
There is no cost associated with either forms as long as you are (or were) an honorable member of the
United States Armed Forces.
You will need to study the 100 questions and will be interviewed just like everyone else.
To download the 100 questions, click here or come and see me at Ukiah Adult School.
***** Family members may, also, benefit from your military status.
To find out more about citizenship for family members of military personnel, click here.
To find out more about citizenship for spouses and children of military personnel, click here.
Further questions? Click here.
Other questions, e-mail me.